What to Ask Your Dental Hygienist
In a recent Smile Sarasota Blog post, we discussed what to ask Dr. Still on your first visit to our office. You will also be meeting one of our awesome hygienists, Claire or Ann at your first visit and we thought you might want to think about what to ask them as well. Here are a few suggestions along with numerous links to help you:
- What should my recare checkup and maintenance schedule be?
- How often and why do you ‘measure my gums‘ and what do those numbers mean? LINK
- Should my gums bleed when I brush my teeth or get my teeth cleaned?
- There are so many toothpastes to choose from; how do I know which one to use?
- Which is better, a manual toothbrush or an electric toothbrush?
- Is there is special way I should be brushing?
- Why is flossing so important?
- What causes cavities?
- What is the best way to make my teeth whiter?
- What is gum disease and what can be done about it?
- How often do you take checkup dental X-rays? after I have had my full series at my first exam?
So…bring your list of questions for Claire and Ann…and never hesitate to ask anyone on our Team…Smile Sarasota is here for you!
Sources and Credits: Colgate.com, Best Health Magazine